Pauls (many) jobs on the go.

olfrt

Re: Pauls (many) jobs on the go.

Post by olfrt »

Cster wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:29 am Crikey you have been busy. You put exhaust gas through the old tank to nullify the gas in it?? and now you go and get a new one? But?? how'd the welding go, aww I wanna know it worked.
Strewth that would have been a nice combo with the 750four.
Yep, exhaust gas to clear all the petrol fumes.Had to do that because you have to use a small gas fuelled soldering iron, (flames and fuel vapours dont mix well).
Plastic welding worked alright, but a new tank is a new tank.
Paul Butler #17758
Cster

Post by Cster »

It is remarkable how that works. Good for old gas bottles when ya want to make something new out of them.
olfrt

Post by olfrt »

Bit of an update.
1. Sidecar is going fine, but we are sorta restricted on use here for a bit. Hoping some restrictions may be lifted later today so we can get out for a blast.
2. Van is causing me grief. I cannot get the VT electronic dashboard to 'talk' to the engine ECU for speedo and tacho reference. At the moment I'm using a GPS for speedo. More research required. It's running fine, doing everything else it should. At the moment it is straight LPG, but am thinking of making it dual fuel for longer range. The 90 litre gas tank I have fitted at the moment is taking up a fair bit of space in the cargo area, and is too big to fit underneath anywhere. More research needed. (It's a recurring theme).
3. Bedford project is moving along slowly. I've had the cab off and on a few times now checking how bits and pieces fit. I'll have the motor and gearbox sitting in place by the end of the weekend, then it's pull apart time again to clean everything up a bit and make it presentable. I'm not looking forward to the wiring on this one. :o
4. Mower is working fine, had Julia out on it for most of the day slashing the paddock ready for summer cleanup. :D
5. Almost finished the shed extension, made the sliding door frame, welded the tracks on, now just to finish sheeting the surrounding areas. :roll:
Paul Butler #17758
Ken

Post by Ken »

Looks like you've been keeping yourself very busy at home, Paul.
Over here in SA, life has been much more social. I'm up earlyish to get ready for today's club ride. Promises to be a good one, with beautiful weather.
We've been tootling around with our caravan a bit. Last outing with it was to Renmark for a lunch with Mallee branch.
Planning on a trip to Alice Springs soon, to see my nephew and his partner.
One of these days, we might be able to actually travel to the same campground with our RVs and say hello in person!
Ken Wagnitz #21315