March VBC/BBC

Victorian Breakfast Club posts go here.
VBC breakfast happens on the second Saturday of the month, from 9.30am.
olfrt

March VBC/BBC

Post by olfrt »

March's VBC will be on the 13th, and a combined effort with VBC (The Victorian Breakfast Club) and BBC (The Brooklyn Breakfast Club, which was the start of all this) meeting up at Holbrook NSW for a 2 state breakfast. The venue is the Submarine Cafe, right next to, you guessed it, the submarine in the main st. Breakfast starts at 9.30, there's a few showing up, so we'll have to be patient. That's a good excuse to have a chat with new mates. Waiting for covid restrictions to be eased a bit, but making plans. More info coming later.
Righto, restrictions have now eased a bit. I and a few others have booked accommodation at the local caravan park, 02 6036 3100, the cafe is aware we are coming, and a few have shown interest. For those getting to town on Friday, we will have a BYO BBQ tea at the caravan park camp kitchen. If I get an idea of numbers early enough, we may choose a pub or club instead.
Lets get this show on the road, and all meet up there. If you require any more info, contact me.
Paul Butler #17758 Mob 0438 551 450
Email 'pbutler8@hotmail.com'
Paul Butler #17758
Cster

Re: March VBC/BBC

Post by Cster »

See ya there
olfrt

Re: March VBC/BBC

Post by olfrt »

Well, Marchs VBC went off.
Two Bob (from Echuca) and myself rode up via a myriad of back roads. We had a great ride, about 4 hours in total, and came out in the middle of Holbrook, reasonably close to where we were aiming, lol.
We stayed at the Caravan Park on the edge of town, where a lot of others stayed for the meetup.
The club had a courtesy bus that picked us up, as we had already imbibed a fair bit of juice before the meal.
At the Returned Servicemans Club in Holbrook on Friday night there was (according to Hank) 56 people. Thats the most ever on a Friday night. There were a lot of new faces there. I had been fielding texts and emails for a while before the event.
It was surprising how far some had travelled. Some from Tamworth, a couple from Griffith, a few from Wagga Wagga, and all over NSW. It was surprising how many Victorians made the trip, from Geelong, Stawell, Ballarat Melbourne and other towns.
At the brekkie on Saturday morning, the numbers only increased by about twenty, (wild guess, as they kept moving around and coming and going).
The service was a tad slow, giving us time to chat about anything and everything, but I didn't hear anyone complaining.
Two Bob and I decided over brekkie to ride home via Lakes Entrance. We rode over some fantastic countryside, and only got wet on Saturday arvo, the rest of the trip was dry and warm. Sunday we travelled through Maffra, Mitta Mitta, Lacola, (where the bloke at the servo said I'd never get through the next section on my bike due to the road conditions) to Jamieson, (wasn't really that bad)!!, and then to Mansfield.
Because of the wonders of Facebook !!!, a Ulyssian I know noticed my post, and rang me, she had caught up with an Adelaide group doing a high country ride, who were staying at Mansfield that night, so we met up with them and had tea. We had a great meal, with good company, and managed to check out the accomodation where we are staying next VBC at Mansfield.
Monday morning we headed for home via more backroads with the sun shining and weather as close to perfect as you can get.
I still havent got my bike cleaned up. A job for another day.
Paul Butler #17758