Coping with Isolation

Yankee in Oz

Coping with Isolation

Post by Yankee in Oz »

Hi guys
Just be careful because people are going crazy from being in lock down! Actually, I've just been talking about this with the microwave and the toaster while drinking coffee and all of us agreed that things are getting bad. I didn't mention anything to the washing machine as she puts a different spin on everything. Certainly not to the fridge as he is acting cold and distant. In the end the iron calmed me down as she said everything will be fine, no situation is too pressing. The hoover was very unsympathetic... told me to just suck it up. But the fan was more optimistic and hoped it would all soon blow over! The toilet looked a bit flushed when I asked it’s opinion and didn’t say anything but the door knob told me to get a grip. The front door said I was unhinged and so the curtains told me to ........yes, you guessed it .....pull myself together.

(stolen)
Ken

Re: Coping with Isolation

Post by Ken »

Doing well Dean. I abuse some of my appliances, but they never answer back.
My talking to myself has increased since the start of the isolation.
I'm spending a lot of time on the computer doing some programming. I'm tempted to do some yelling at it, but have refrained lest the neighbours or my wife think I've become even more unhinged. :)
Ken Wagnitz #21315
Cster

Post by Cster »

I think I'm comfortable with Isolation. However I have to go on an extended tour to the Kerb as the wheelie bins need to be taken there. Just wondering what I should pack for such a long trip
Ken

Post by Ken »

Evidently the trend is to dress up in crazy costume for the occasion, Keith.
Keeps the neighbours amused.
I'm showing the neighbours the sight of me in ugg boots more than ever before. -So comfortable for sitting at the computer or TV. And warm, with this slight cold snap we are having.
Ken Wagnitz #21315
Cster

Post by Cster »

Yes I got Sheep shin slippers, so that can work. Thanks Ken