Thoughts about the National Rally Outlook.

olfrt

Thoughts about the National Rally Outlook.

Post by olfrt »

No political comments please, and keep it (sorta) nice. No Natcom bashing.!!
Paul Butler #17758
Cster

Re: Thoughts about the National Rally outlook.

Post by Cster »

It might be just me but the money I put into the rally would maybe best put to helping the Lismore branch recuperate from that effort. Might aide in them firing up the rally later this year perhaps
olfrt

Re: Thoughts about the National Rally Outlook.

Post by olfrt »

I'm not sure that the Branch puts any money in to the project. I think the Rally could (should) have been postponed, not cancelled.
A lot of hard work is put into these events, no need to waste it.
Paul Butler #17758
Willis

Post by Willis »

Agreed, I would like to see the Lismore UCNR postponed perhaps, till later this year or to May next year, as much of the hard work may well have been done by now. Putting it on a shelf for a longer period of time, more than a year may see work that has gone into preparing the national rally, go to waste.
Tassie Tim

Post by Tassie Tim »

I would think that NatCom considered postponing the next three rallys. That is: Lismore 2021, Mandurah 2022 and Warwick 2023. There must have been reasons why that wouldn't have worked. Seemed the best solution if possible.
Cster

Post by Cster »

And I'm not so sure WA will open a border or two to let us in Come 2021. Mandurah may be Munyana. I'm not even planning until I see how 2021 start off.
Ken

Post by Ken »

At his stage it looks like WA won't open its border by the planned AGM date.

I reckon worst case it won't, best case it will, except to Victorians, or maybe Melburnians. Dunno how NatCom would react to that.
If they delay it a week or three, then it won't tail-end the crab festival. Which would be unfortunate. We planned to go early for that (well SWMBO did).
Ken Wagnitz #21315
Cster

Post by Cster »

So far so good, However we have just has a hotel worker at one of the quarantine Hotels declare she worked at other hotels as well. This has the potential to blow out over the next few months and spoil our chances of crossing WA's Border in March.
olfrt

Post by olfrt »

I've (tentatively) booked for Mandurah. Have to see what eventuates. :roll:
Paul Butler #17758
Ken

Post by Ken »

At the moment, South Australians aren't welcome in WA. Hopefully that will change soon.
Just goes to show how any state can have an outbreak, and be barred from WA in a flash.
All we can do is register and hope for the best. I'd hate to be organising an AGM/Rally under the current conditions.
Ken Wagnitz #21315