Coronavirus fun

Ken

Coronavirus fun

Post by Ken »

Tomorrow is the Adelaide Branch Wednesday ride. They usually get 15-20.
Two local branches have cancelled rides altogether. I'll ask riders tomorrow what they think.
AFAIK the government hasn't yet told us to stop doing things like club rides. We do maintain distance at the stops.
What are other branches doing? Is it more draconian in Vic than SA?
Surely there is a mental health aspect. How does it help if we don't get the virus but go stir crazy?
Ken Wagnitz #21315
olfrt

Re: Coronavirus fun

Post by olfrt »

In Victoria we have been instructed by the Vic Gov to not travel unless it is essential.
Sorta leaves us wondering a bit.
Paul Butler #17758
Cster

Post by Cster »

I hear they are in conference for what level2 will be like, I wonder how much liberty will diso this time
Cster

Post by Cster »

Did chat go ahead tonight??
Ken

Post by Ken »

After watching the PM tonight, its pretty clear to me that organised club rides should all be cancelled until normality returns.
I reckon its solo rides now, or with one or two mates.

Keith, chat tonight was Paul and me, briefly.
Ken Wagnitz #21315
Yankee in Oz

Post by Yankee in Oz »

Finally, today it looks like I might be able to order groceries online for home delivery. Just in time, too. Last two times out, I wore a Bunnings garden/work mask and almost suffocated. Not only that, but me breath came out the top of the mask and steamed my glasses so I couldn't see.
Cster

Post by Cster »

I had a long conversation with my bike today, I've explained that Afternoon rides to work is all that's on offer. She gave me the silent treatment. Typical!
Cster

Post by Cster »

I recall a saying used once upon a time, I wouldn't touch you with a 6 foot pole. Do you suppose that's where they got the social distancing from??
Yankee in Oz

Post by Yankee in Oz »

Cster wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:19 am I hear they are in conference for what level2 will be like, I wonder how much liberty will diso this time
I wonder just how arbitrary is the determination of "levels" in these situations. Levels of hurricanes I can almost understand. Levels of water restrictions and people restrictions, not so much.
Yankee in Oz

Post by Yankee in Oz »

Cster wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:32 am I recall a saying used once upon a time, I wouldn't touch you with a 6 foot pole. Do you suppose that's where they got the social distancing from??
We always said 10 foot pole, and I think that would be more appropriate now too.