Covid and how it is affecting you.

olfrt

Covid and how it is affecting you.

Post by olfrt »

This new world we live in is a bit exasperating. Most of the breakouts seem to be coming from the careless attitude, that ' It won't happen to me'.!! I really feel for the people locked down in areas where there have been no cases, but they are just lumped in because it's easier to manage. Having seen the way it is being 'managed(?)' by authorities, I really wonder if they have any clues at all about their restrictions and tracing endevours. :cry:
Paul Butler #17758
Ken

Re: Covid and how it is affecting you.

Post by Ken »

Seems to be the new delta variant that is the problem. Only need to get breathed on to catch it.
That, coupled with ignorant people who do the wrong thing, and just one person can start an outbreak.
It doesn't help that some infected people don't have symptoms.
We even have the idiots flying in now. (3 people flew in a light plane from NSW. Got rejected by the NT so landed at Coober Pedy SA.)

I'm lucky in living in an area where being slack doesn't have consequences (SA) ... yet. It could happen to us too.
Also lucky in being retired. Isolation and lockdown are less of a hit than for workers and those with kids going to school. All the border closures just impact on not being able to see my daughter, or holiday where I want (Vic). So we are travelling around SA a bit. Not a bad thing.
Ken Wagnitz #21315
Cster

Post by Cster »

The Authorities don't seem to be able to manage it all we get is spikes rather than that curve we all were expecting to be dealing with. Government is hiding behind their skirts awaiting a good vaccine instead of standing up and doing something about staffing hospitals for the wave people would normally deliver. They seem to prefer to be re-elected than do something strong and sound.
I got home on Friday with the daughter here cooking as her kitchen isn't big enough for her to feed everyone she had planned to invite. They all came here where dad will clean up after might be more like it. Anyway one of them yacking about her big gaming event at Sydney's Olympic Park on the last weekend, hmmm they came home last Monday so it's fine she said. yep fine till Saturday when our Premier decided to include all Sydney and the central coast blue mountains and Wollongong. That now put us in the Isolate for 14 days programme. Bugger. There goes the car service and the new tyres this week. Will now have to wait a fortnight for it all to happen in between bus shifts.
I guess this is where I start cleaning up the shed. I'll report if I find any ten Mill sockets.
Cster

Post by Cster »

I see that CSL who manufactures the ASTRAZENECA Vaccine in Tullamarine is advising that other island countries are ringing up wanting the unused Jabs for their country. Now that Aust has chosen to limit it to over 60's. Here I am still waiting, booked in for the 7th of July for a product that they were to roll out in April.
So far no ten mill sockets have surfaced, glum really but the dockets for purchases over the last year have faded to the point that I cant be sure what I bought. Some of which have broken anyway. Best thing is some bits are now clean whilst others are now scattered with stuff I shifted.
So day one of the school holidays was fun not.
olfrt

Post by olfrt »

Well this is starting to wear a bit thin. Weekends away cancelled at the last minute. Gatherings restricted. You can visit a brothel in Vic, but you can't visit relos or friends at their house. Unable to plan anything ahead as it may be cancelled, or severely curtailed. If the states would work together rather than chest beating it would be far more beneficial.
Paul Butler #17758
Cster

Post by Cster »

Had to do Lock Down in the last week before the school holidays because the Daughter got Covid from the Phantom of the Opera in Sydney she went to see. Now I kept wearing a mask when she came back home. Two days later they all are getting symptoms and I had to test myself before going in on every shift Sheesh After that week I finally grabbed the new tyre and finished putting that XV1600 on the road, torquey thing but a weird ergo's for a sports Touring bike rider. I guess I'll get used to it one day.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Despite hearing that a few left the AGM with COVID, Michele and I are now at home, symptom free.

Floods made us stick to chiefly main roads instead of doing curly stuff.
The threat of getting COVID while far from home made us tend to cut and run, instead of taking our time coming home, and maybe visiting a few people -like olfrt (well Julia anyway). It does tend to make me want to avoid people rather than visit them. And that's unhealthy in itself.

A bit sad to be home. But in a weeks time we head off for Koroit with our van, to plonk it in Holly's yard for a few days.

Branch ride tomorrow. Nup, I refuse to act like a hermit.
Ken Wagnitz #21315
olfrt

Post by olfrt »

Visiting Julia, lol. I'm too grumpy to tangle with ?? I tend to say what I think, some people find that a bit confronting. ;) The dreaded Covid is still working it's way around. The only time I've felt crook is after having my needles. The first one put me on the couch for a week, the second was no real reaction, the booster put me in bed for a week. I still have brain fog at times. People say it's an age thing. It came on a bit suddenly as far as I'm concerned.
Paul Butler #17758