Coronavirus fun

Cster

Re: Coronavirus fun

Post by Cster »

Don't seem to be much fun in it now. Seems bad.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Cster wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:05 am Don't seem to be much fun in it now. Seems bad.
That's just because you are a Victorian, Keith. For the rest of us it has eased off a lot.
I'm still waiting for the border to WA to open though.
I think it will be too late for the wildflowers, and getting too hot to go north. Missus is talking about a trip around the south.

We had a Ulysses meeting last night. A bit less than usual numbers, but that could be because of the cold and wet.
The venue can take us all OK. Numbers seem to be down to 2sqm per person now in SA. For a large venue, that is plenty.
Rides are all happening now. Not too sure about dinners yet.
I think an SABC will be doable in August. Hopefully you Vics can come.
Ken Wagnitz #21315
Cster

Post by Cster »

Well that does sound promising Ken. I hope the West Vics can manage a trip tot he SABC, I'm in the Hunter Valley of NSW and it's a fair old trip over for me to attend. I did the VBC in January when the School Holidays were on as I then had time to visit. Winter Holidays are on now and naturally it's not safe to venture too far form home in case things go pear shaped but it would have been good value to take in another breakfast Club someplace.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Sorry Keith, labelling you a Vic.
My main sojourn in the Hunter Valley was courtesy of the army, when I trained at Scheyville.
Then a year at Singleton. Yuk.
Nice wines in the area though. :)
Ken Wagnitz #21315
Cster

Post by Cster »

Yes the wines is fine up this way that's for sure, Singo is hot in summer and cold in winter, my fingers used to freeze solid riding to there across the Whittingham flats to the Local Depot. Wish I'd heard of heated grips way back then
Cster

Post by Cster »

We must have missed the Office Memo, Inner Mongolia has reported the Bubonic Plague has reared it's ugly head again. China has issued an alert.
One of them African states had that Ebola break out again a week or so ago. Maybe we can peg for another Gold Fever or something like that to kep us busy
Ken

Post by Ken »

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/06/worl ... ticleShare

"Plague cases are found in limited numbers across much of the world. In the United States, about seven cases, usually the bubonic form, are reported on average each year, most often in rural areas of western states, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says."
Ken Wagnitz #21315
Cster

Post by Cster »

One herdsman?
I still say we try something like Gold Fever. One bloody Herdsman sheesh, it's not really a head line at that.
Cster

Post by Cster »

But they do have a reason to explain some of our protesters behaviour
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australi ... spartanntp
Ken

Post by Ken »

Ken Wagnitz #21315