My First bike was a ???

olfrt

My First bike was a ???

Post by olfrt »

Mine was a pushbike that a friend and I fitted (very roughly) with a Victa lawn mower egine. It was very rough and ready. We had to change to a much smaller rear wheel to slow it down a bit, and change to a twist grip throttle, as the standard Victa one wasn't really suitable, and caused more than a fair bit of skin off.
Paul Butler #17758
Cster

Re: My First bike was a ???

Post by Cster »

TS250, with TM barrel timing and a pipe. Scariest thing on the planet. 3hours to get it started 3minutes of eyeball widening manic power and then silence. Apart from the riders heartbeat.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Yamaha 125 twin. Two stroke with separate oil tank (hi tech).
Bought by my parents for me to to commute to uni on.
Sadly I spent too much time having fun on fire trails in the hills and riding to friends' in the country, to the detriment of my studies.
Rode it twice from Adelaide to Woomera and back. The second time it got freighted home on a train from Clare. Seized the poor thing up.
Occasionally rode it into the sticks from Woomera with a .22 slung over my shoulder to shoot rabbits.
Very reliable bike.
Ken Wagnitz #21315
Bigdave

Post by Bigdave »

Can't remember what make of mini bike it was, it had a motor similar to a postie bike, forward lay down head, 90cc, had fun learning self mechanics alright, first real bike was a 1979 elsenor Honda 125cc red devil, fast bike back then,
Gra Har

Post by Gra Har »

1972 Honda CB175 (red and black)
Graham Hart #12131
Leith TAS
Spook

Post by Spook »

1959 G12 Matchless 650cc
Almost Normal Spook #4793
Yankee in Oz

Post by Yankee in Oz »

1983 Kawasaki 750 LTD (an American model). Before that, I had to rely on other people's -- just like sometimes cigarettes when I was a smoker.