Thoughts about the National Rally Outlook.

Cster

Re: Thoughts about the National Rally Outlook.

Post by Cster »

Apparently the border is open to all bar NSW tisk tisk
Ken

Post by Ken »

Dunno where you get your info from, Keith.
https://www.wa.gov.au/organisation/covi ... quarantine
Ken Wagnitz #21315
olfrt

Post by olfrt »

The way I read it, as of now, WA is open to all states bar SA. If travelling by road through SA to gain entry, you must then self isolate for 14 days, at your own expense, (rumoured to be $3000). Flying in from all states (bar SA) is fine. The AGM trip maybe by a longer route this time.!!!
The devil is in the detail.
Paul Butler #17758
Ken

Post by Ken »

And now the 2021 crabfest is cancelled. Michele was keen to go to that.

I figure that by March 2021, all states will be allowed into WA without isolation.
But that of course is dependent on no outbreaks anywhere. As SA has shown, they can pop up out of the blue. (Well, out of a medi-hotel from an infected traveller.)
So we just have to keep our fingers crossed.
As has already been said, pity the poor folks trying to organise a Rally with that sword hanging over their heads!
Ken Wagnitz #21315
olfrt

Post by olfrt »

Not good times for them. They must be gnashing their teeth.!!
And now with Victoria accepting International travellers again, there are 7 recorded cases in isolation. I wonder how that counts with 'W. A.'s atitude to us.?
Paul Butler #17758
olfrt

Post by olfrt »

Well, hasn't everything turned turtle since all this started? We ended up having the (legally required) AGM in Orange. It was sort of an event. I spent most of the time indoors due to the coolish outside temps. I wonder of the intent of the powers that be, when we were down to zero cases in Oz, that they then opened the gates and started it all over again. We are now looking at more lockdowns, more restrictions, (I cant even go to my local hardware store), and events being cancelled left right and centre. Where will all this end?????
Paul Butler #17758
Ken

Post by Ken »

I think most of us are hoping it will end when we have enough people vaccinated.

I've been eligible for yonks, but no local supplies. The clinic I go to is surging through its patients at the ginormous rate of 50 per week. -That is all they are allocated! Just back from our trip today. I'll ring them tomorrow to see if I'm close to getting a jab, or have to book in with a mass-vaccination site.
It's a joke that they've opened up vaccinations to younger folk here, when us oldies aren't done.

Victoria seems to do a few things very wrong. We found check-in there very slapdash, with lots not doing it, big places not having it all.
Hopefully improved now that all businesses have to use the govt QR code system. And as for not getting aged-care staff vaccinated before the residents, and still allowing unvaccinated staff to move between centres....

Yes, the outbreak came from a SA medi-hospital. Sorry. I see that WA has now had the same thing happen. That virus is just getting trickier and trickier!
Ken Wagnitz #21315
olfrt

Post by olfrt »

So, who's going to Warwick?
Ive had a shoulder rebuild, and aren't allowed to drive for approx 6 weeks let alone ride!
I'm a little cheeesed off, but after trying to get my surgery done for a little over 12 months I had to jump as soon as the gate was lowered. I hope there will be plenty posted so i can keep up with the latest developments.
Paul Butler #17758
Ken

Post by Ken »

Michele and I will be going to Warwick on the bike, assuming no calamities in the meantime.
I will be attending the Extended NatCom meeting and AGM, and probably the road safety meeting.
We will be staying with Paul & Wendy in an AirBnB house. Should be good.
(Dunno if I'll have any port left by the time we get there, but no doubt Warwick has booze shops.)

Interestingly, I see from the NatCom emails that all Rally attendees need to be COVID vaccinated. I don't have a problem with that.
Ken Wagnitz #21315
Cster

Post by Cster »

Yes to attend you first need to notify QLD Covid border crossing website and get permission to enter and be tripple vaccinated. This seems to be the same sort of mental state we see not helping Ukraine defend itself, talk about ostracise people form visiting QLD.