The Shed. Just idle chit-chat.

Spook

Re: The Shed. Just idle chit-chat.

Post by Spook »

Yankee in Oz wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:51 pm
Spook wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:01 pm I just last week managed a week away in my van but on my own with my dogs. Apart from the occasional ride I consider I'm probably in self imposed isolation at home. ;)
I'm in wife imposed isolation at home... :( :cry: :roll:
I'd give everything I own for that privilege, YiO.
Almost Normal Spook #4793
Ken

Post by Ken »

Spook wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:29 pm Good Friday and I was reading the restrictions for each state on ABC. It seems that even in SA with our not so tight restrictions we can be fined for being out and about so it looks like no riding at all over Easter. GLOOM! :cry:
I can't find anywhere it says we can't be out and about in SA.
We are discouraged, yes, but the only rules I can find say no more than 10 in a gathering outside, 4 square metres per person, 1.5metres apart.

So if it ain't writ somewhere, how can the cops fine us for going out on our bikes?
Ken Wagnitz #21315
Cster

Post by Cster »

So If the Government knows where you are at anytime due to their using gps data in real time. Can we ever speed again and not be caught?
Spook

Post by Spook »

Update: Two mates and myself rode in the hills on Easter Sunday, something in normal years I never do. Had a chat with a Highway Patrol bloke at Kanmantoo and his main remark was "Good day for a ride!" We are, according to a remark by Premier Marshall on live radio interview, permitted to ride as a measure of therapy to relieve mental stress caused by isolation. We are also allowed groups of ten and strictly speaking that applies when we pull up for smoko/meals etc, as riding is a solitary occupation. It's easy to social distance when on the bike.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Ha. Eat your heart out, Victorians.
Ken Wagnitz #21315
Ken

Post by Ken »

This is a link to a dawn service...It’s called Anzac2020 Live. Russell Crow is doing the Ode and Jack Thompson the introduction. Just join the group on face book and watch from 0530. It will also be available throughout the day.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/anzac2020/
Share the link with anyone looking for a dawn service this Anzac Day.

Rgds.
MAJGEN the Hon Len Roberts-Smith, RFD, QC
Ken Wagnitz #21315
Spook

Post by Spook »

Good one, Ken. Looks like a lousy weekend for riding too. Wind and precipitation.
Cster

Post by Cster »

I think we can ride in NSW, I just go to work that way. Mind you not today as I tried to stretch my hips so I can swing a leg over easier and have strained my inner? thigh, bugger wont swing out at all now. Bugger
Cster

Post by Cster »

I reckon the Pubs are gonna be busy shuffling the tables and chairs into the bar so they can have a few more patrons at all the tables ordering a meal with their beer.
Spook

Post by Spook »

Hi Ken. Any inkling when SABC outings MAY begin again?