What you ding to your bike

Cster

What you ding to your bike

Post by Cster »

What you doing to your bike.
Mate came over for Anzac day to watch his grand kids march.
Called in to see me and as we were yacking about the bike and the stuff I'd renewed
he reached under the belt and felt it declaring it too tight. So today I'm goinf to loosen
it off a couple of flats on the adjuster and see if thats closer to the 13mm required.
I had about 9ishmm so two or so flats should do it.
olfrt

Re: What you ding to your bike

Post by olfrt »

I'm just looking at mine in the shed. I got it out today and washed it. I'm not sure when I'll get the ok to ride it, I hope it's soon. But then, I don't want to undo all the recent shoulder repairs. I'm not allowed to lift a kettle at the moment with my right (dominant) arm. Even a 2 litre milk bottle is a bit over the top.
Paul Butler #17758
Cster

Post by Cster »

Rode that Road Star over to my mates funeral, the rear guard cracked and I've had it welded back up and I'm now repainting it. Every time I paint it I spy more little errors that I need to repair in the paint. Wet and dry is becoming my pet tool. I'll continue to rub it down and find those little errors and clean them up. It will end up painted and clear coated one day blemish free.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Some people are just fussy. I have a bit more scrape on the side throwaway panel, and a missing reflector on the left fork, after dropping my bike on the round-Oz trip. Might try to find a replacement reflector, but the small scrapes stay. Otherwise I'd just drop it again. -I did replace the busted indicator with a spare I had. Maybe should buy some more spare indicators.
Ken Wagnitz #21315
Cster

Post by Cster »

Yes if it sits in the shed all the time it wont need spares. But if we play with them then we are sure to bang bits and require Spares.